The Friendly Visitor Program is part of the South Carolina Appalachian Council of Government’s Regional Long-Term Ombudsman Program. Volunteers are not certified Ombudsman, but do help assist them in their duties.
Click for Friendly Visitor Program Brochure!
A Friendly Visitor is:
- A friendly visitor to nursing homes or assisted living facilities
- Someone to educate residents and families about resident’s rights.
- Someone to assist residents in resolving minor problems with the facility
- Someone to participate in resident and family council meetings
- Someone to bring issues or problems to the attention of the facility administrator and to the attention of the regional ombudsman
And most importantly...
- A friend and listening ear to those residents who have little or no visitors