Current Openings: Information and Referral Specialist and Care Coordinator for Veterans Directed Program
Care Coordinator for Veterans Directed Program
Purpose of Position:
Responsible for care coordination of veterans in the Veterans Directed Home & Community Based Service program (VD-HCBS). The VD-HBCS program is designed to allow veterans who are potential candidates for nursing home placement to receive that level of care in their homes. The care coordinator reviews a budget with the veteran and assists the veteran in choosing their own care providers in place of receiving care services from he VA health care system.
- Conduct initial assessment - work with the veteran to identify personal needs, goals and barriers to meeting goals and risk assessment to identify whether a representative is needed; assist with selecting representative (if necessary)
- Education for veteran on roles and responsibilities of self-direction
- Assists with hiring providers for veteran
- Assist veteran in training providers (paperwork, time cards, payroll, etc.)
- Provides all info. for program
- Develop care/service plan (updated every 6 months) -work with veteran to identify means to have needs met and remove barriers to goals related to the disability
- Assist with decision making skills
- Work closely with VA in establishing budgets
- Spending Plan or Budget – support as needed - determine how to allocate budget
- Monitor and track funds approved for services both individual and programmatic
- Liaison between VA and veteran
- Monthly Phone calls to veteran
- Quarterly home visits to veteran
- Document actions and provide follow-up activities as needed
- Input data on clients and customer in real time to various systems
- Produce and submit all required metric reports regarding the Veterans Directed program
- Produce documents that may be technical or confidential in nature and require use of advanced applications
- Miscellaneous other duties to support the Aging Services Program and the Appalachian Council of Governments
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of self-direction and person centeredness;
- Knowledge of and use of community resources;
- Ability to exercise good judgment and decision making in evaluating situations;
- Ability to write case notes and related reports;
- Good computer skills and ability to enter data into various web-based systems;
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with representatives of the VA, other social agencies, the public and veterans;
- Openness and flexibility in working with diverse groups and as circumstances warrant;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to remain calm and supportive in psychological emergencies and/or crises;
- Ability to receive and utilize constructive feedback regarding performance, presentation and relationships with others.
- Maintain a valid South Carolina driver’s license, good driving record and access to a fully insured car;
- Maintain appearance appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities as determined by the COG/AAA; and
- Travel in the upstate with occasional travel to other areas of the state for meetings, conference and/or trainings.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Public Health, Nursing, Psychology, Guidance and Counseling,Education, Sociology, Criminal Justice, Criminology and/or related field and minimum of three years of any combination of social work or case management experience, preferably in the areas of aging, disabilities, community health,nursing home or hospital discharge planning. Preference will be given to those with experience in working with veterans and experience with self-direction.
Must acquire the Alliance of Information Referral Specialist (AIRS) certification within one year of hire.
Send resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to Tim Womack, SC Appalachian Council of Governments, P.O. Box 6668, Greenville, SC 29606-6668. No phone calls please. Closing date: June 30, 2015.
Information and Referral Specialist
- Provides information and assistance to consumers using a comprehensive database and other resources in response to calls, walk-ins or written requests. Gathers, enters and maintains information from consumers seeking information, referral and assistance (IR&A). Under the direction of the Aging Director, organizes, plans, assists, and supports regional and local aging services, programs, and activities associated with the function of the Area Agency on Aging.
- Provides information and assistance to consumers using a comprehensive database and other resources in response to calls, walk-ins or written requests.
- Documents IR&A requests in SCACCESS and follows up on referrals.
- Maintains awareness of current information on programs/services available to older adults, adults with disabilities and their caregivers.
- Provides updated information to SCACCESS.
- Assists consumers by completing in-take application, assessing needs, determining eligibility, researching available options, and directing consumers to appropriate aging or disability services.
- Prepares and assesses annual list of unmet needs and gaps in services in service delivery area of region.
- Develops and implements outreach methods related to I&A, including group presentations.
- Serves as resource for agencies/individuals requesting information.
- Inputs/updates information in the I, R & A and SHIPtalk assistance databases.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Aging Director.
Minimum two years relevant work experience:
Bachelors Degree in Public or Business Administration, Community Planning, Social Sciences, or related field, and two years of directly related experience; OR equivalent combination of training and experience with demonstrated competence to fulfill duties of position.
Send resume via email to email@example.com or via mail to Tim Womack, SC Appalachian Council of Governments, P.O. Box 6668, Greenville, SC 29606-6668. No phone calls please. Closing date: June 19, 2015.
THE SOUTH CAROLINA APPALACHIAN COUNCIL OF
GOVERNMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.